Friday, September 26, 2008

A Basic Field Guide for the Outdoor Strobist




Free guide to
getting great outdoor lighting!

First go look at Bernie Ledsma's amazing outdoor photos (Here: Outdoor Strobist) and you will appreciate the fact that not only is he offering his advice to help the rest of us achieve the same great results with our photos, but that he has really gone out of his way to write up and illustrate a free guide!

Bernie titles himself a "strobist" because his style of outdoor portrature relies on fill flash or strobes to properly expose the main subject while maximizing the use of beautiful natural ambient lighting.

You can find Bernie's guide and gallery of images over on Yahoo's free photo sharing community Flickr.

(See our previous blog post about Flickr, the most active photo community on the internet)

So stop in, pick up his guide, and make sure you say hello and comment on his great photos!

-------------
Originally uploaded by Bernie Led:

“A Basic Field Guide for the Outdoor Strobist” 1st edition NOW AVAILABLE! For those who may be interested, I came up with a field guide on the basics of "Outdoor Strobing", just compiled my notes, learning’s, and work flow.

I initially made the notes for myself but decided to share it each time someone would ask me how I create those images. So I am making this material available to anyone who may benefit from it.

I know the learning curve here is steep with so much technical variations and complex exposure combinations, so I tried to keep it concise, but comprehensive.

A little thing about me, I am not a pro (have a day job in marketing) nor am I claiming to be a master, I just love and enjoy doing this... creating beautiful images and trying to be helpful to others that is.

If you would like to have a copy, Id be glad to email a copy to you, (free of course, not doing this for the money). Not really ground breaking, just my way of sharing and giving back...

All ill ask in return is for you to just let me know if it was able to help you or if you had fun using it. If you have suggestions to improve the work flow to make it easier or even better, let me know. Then we share it to even more people (open source spirit)... I'm calling it "A Basic Field Guide for the Outdoor Strobist" (just 5 pages, PDF format)

Get it here: A Basic Field Guide For The Outdoor Strobist

Bernie Ledesma

And remember...

Please share this link, and let everyone know you found it here at: freephotostuff.blogspot.com

Thanks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is not too late, I would like a copy of your field guide.
Sassysaraw@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is William. I am very intersted in your photo guide. I believe this will be very helpful to me. Please email me at Williamkoggu@yahoo.com Thanks

jpetermeier said...

field guide please..need to experiment and learn about outdoor flash.
jpetermeier@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

field guide please.... im just new in photography and would really like to learn the basics of it.tnx my email..... azker06@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hello :)

If it isn't to late, I would love if you could please send it to me also.
vam.travels@gmail.com.au

thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have a request send me a copy too a
inavk59@hotmail.com thank you very much for your help

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Can you send me a copy of your pdf of A Basic Field Guide for the Outdoor Strobist.

ugur@ugurozdemir.nl

thank you already a lot..

Anonymous said...

Hi, yes I'm looking forward to receive a copy "a basic field guide for the Outdoor Strobist".
My emailaddress : niwe@quicknet.nl

Many thanks and greetings from Holland!
Nico

Eveline & Krist said...

Can you mail this pdf? thank you
krist.hooghe@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gib here. Could you please send me the field guide (gib_elims@yahoo.com). Many thanx in advance!!!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

the guide is very helpful..I would like a copy of your field guide..thank u very much..
benny30d@yahoo.com

Label Cloud